Get Set & Connect (GSC) is pleased to offer online and
in-person orientations. We welcome you to attend an orientation to find out more about our program and
how to become a GSC participant!
Upcoming Online Orientation Dates:
Wednesday, March 6th at 5 pm
Upcoming In-Person Orientation Dates:
Monday, March 18th at 1 pm
Sunset Community Centre*
6810 Main Street
To learn more or register for either our in-person or online orientations please contact Get Set & Connect directly by
email at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone at 604 512 7294
We look forward to connecting with you!
*Community orientation locations are rented or on loan to
Get Set & Connect, CMHA-VF
Please reach out only to the GSC contacts above for any information.
More Information About CMHA’s Get Set & Connect Program
Get Set & Connect is a peer-driven program designed for people who have lived experience with a mental health and/or addiction concern. The program focuses on enhancing mental health and well-being through leisure and/or volunteer activities in the community. The goals are to encourage community inclusion and building meaningful connections.
What will the program include?
- Each person in the program will work one to one with a Leisure & Volunteer Access Coach to enhance your mental health & well-being through leisure and/or volunteer opportunities.
- Connecting with others through peer led leisure activities in the community
- Volunteer Exploration Workshops
What is required to participate?
- Have a lived experience of a mental health and/or addiction concern
- Have community inclusion as a goal
- 19 years of age or older
- Resident of Vancouver
- Ability to provide contact information of mental health/substance use professional for required referral